Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Loyalty (loyal-uhhl-tee)


The price for disrupting sacred law. Why Wayne Bennett belongs at Red Hill. The confessions of a Dragons fan.............

Has anyone noticed the weather lately. Locust plagues. Flood. Fire. Pestilence.

It has many believing that we are paying for our sins. I don't think we are getting very far with the generalisations. I mean I think a splash more specificity may be required.

Of course there is the enviromental aspects of our indulgence.

We can all get together on the idea that running a world based basically on.burning everything, and making great big holes to get more stuff to burn, may have been an
idea in which the end game was not so well thought out.

Are all our sins completely committed by society as a whole. Or is it really the bad apples dragging the average down.

Will redemption really come by the saints amongst us spending ever increasing amounts of their time feeling righteous in their judgements of the bad eggs. Seriously its you and me. The saints just wouldn't be here if they read Vol 1.

Are there some key wrongs we as a society should be banding together to fight. We Queenslanders elected a very poor excuse for a government for the last decade or so. So all evidence to the contrary on that notion.

But if we just look at the facts I think you can align chronologically the downturn in our meteorological fortunes with what I believe what a massive disruption of natural justice.

The rain came down and the winds blew and the floods swept prosperity away.

Coincidentally or not. You decide.

In concert with the day that Supercoach Wayne Bennett announced he was leaving Red Hill.

Now I didn't commit that sin. But from profit of this err of natural justice I have rejoiced.

Forgive me lord, I am a Dragons fan.

I knew wherever he went. Whichever strip he would be sporting. It would be so much like scientology being called a church. Just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Hers the thing though. Thirty years is a long time. It had been just too long since 1979.

Ever since then. The Dragons have spent a lot of time on a very high held faith in themselves. And thats just super. But thirty years is a long time.

Supercoach Wayne Bennett was looking for a gig. I knew it was wrong. I just wanted it so much.

Please be Dragons....Please be Dragons.

You see I just knew it.

Wherever Supercoach Wayne Bennett went. Wrong or not. He'd win. That's what he has always done. And I knew that's what he would do.

You could just taste it.

I knew the abrupt end of season after Supercoach Wayne Bennetts first year was no problem.

And then it was 2010. As dissapointed as I was at the actions of the NRL.  That is the subject of a future edition.

We all know the story. And that Grand Final win feeling.

It lead my brother and I to go to the grave of our Dragons loving Dad and put St George stickers on his headstone.

However this is going to lead me to the other dirty little truth a Dragons fan just shouldn't think.

I believe Darren Lockyer is the best player in the history of the game. Talks cheap and whiskey costs money.

With the heart of a lion Lockys bar tab was always paid in full.

I'm sure he has but I do hope Locky talks with Michael Voss about the journey from champion to coach.

If all that is wrong in the Sunshine State were to be set right as a discussion point.......well again maybe for another time.

Supercoach Wayne Bennett belongs at Red Hill.

His sucess is to put the power of his mind into his job. And ignore everything else.

His job is to mentor in the minds, train and skill the bodys and inspire the hearts and souls of a team of players.

Constant attention to all three of these areas are the sucess of the coach.

Supercoach Wayne Bennett does it better than anybody else. That's just a fact.

In the interest of full disclosure I'm in State football loyalties a turncoat. In my defence I was born only seventeen kilometers over the border.

Anyhow I'm a great lover of the colour maroon come state of origin time. Ill say it here just one more time. Five in a row. Just shit hot.

So given the rate of and far reaching effect of disaster latley.......

And given the magnitude of disturbance a breaking of such huge tenet of natural law such as Supercoach Wayne Bennett leaving Red Hill in the first place.....

I think even if there is only a small percintle chance in reducing damage that affected at some point nearly everyone. If even only slightly.......

Then we owe it to the gods to make what is wrong right again.....

Supercoach Wayne Bennett must return to Red Hill and teach Locky, the greatest player to ever strap on a boot, how to do his job as only he can.

Coming up. Why the NRL just sucks....

Kingy
The Kingy Report

No comments:

Post a Comment